verb (moos, mooing, mooed)[no object]
- Make the characteristic deep vocal sound of a cow.More example sentences
- Several of the bulls started bellowing and the cows mooing.
- Adding to the mesmerizing murmur of the flowing water, the sounds of birds singing and cows mooing left one feeling totally at peace.
- We drove down a winding country road surrounded by large vegetable gardens in various stages of harvest, cow pastures with lots of passive cows mooing softly and small rural homes.
noun (plural moos)Back to top
- The characteristic deep vocal sound of a cow.More example sentences
- Where life still revolves around the temple, and cows have homes where they are guaranteed dinner - if they stand outside and moo.
- She withdrew her hand, and nearly jumped as the cow let out a soft, gentle moo.
- George can only quack, oink, moo, and meow.
mid 16th century: imitative.
More definitions of mooDefinition of moo in:
- The British & World English dictionary