Definition of moonflower in English:
A tropical American climbing plant of the morning glory family, with large, sweet-smelling white flowers that open at dusk and close at midday.
- Ipomoea alba, family Convolvulaceae
- She bought a tomato cage, a large plastic flower-pot saucer (the kind that looks like terra-cotta), some string and vines, such as clematis, moonflower or morning glory.
- At night, walking slowly through a starlit, stone-covered path, you can happen upon a fragrant moonflower vine covered with large, white saucer-shaped flowers or sweet-scented night-blooming jasmine.
- Last weekend we planted moonflowers, next week we're on to sunflowers.
Definition of moonflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan