A tropical American climbing plant of the morning glory family, with large, sweet-smelling white flowers that open at dusk and close at midday.
- Ipomoea alba, family Convolvulaceae
More example sentences
- She bought a tomato cage, a large plastic flower-pot saucer (the kind that looks like terra-cotta), some string and vines, such as clematis, moonflower or morning glory.
- At night, walking slowly through a starlit, stone-covered path, you can happen upon a fragrant moonflower vine covered with large, white saucer-shaped flowers or sweet-scented night-blooming jasmine.
- Last weekend we planted moonflowers, next week we're on to sunflowers.
Definition of moonflower in:
- The British & World English dictionary