Definition of moonseed in English:
A North American climbing plant with crescent-shaped seeds.
- Genus Menispermum, family Menispermaceae: several species, in particular Canada moonseed (M. canadense)
- First I thought the stem was covered with moonseeds.
- The lives of larval clippers greatly depend upon their meal choices and they prefer to eat the leaves of passion vines and moonseeds.
- While foraging for wild grapes one should examine the seeds of the fruit closely to make sure one is not eating moonseeds: moonseeds are crescent, in shape, while grapes have circular seeds.
Definition of moonseed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.