Definition of morning glory in English:
A climbing plant often cultivated for its showy trumpet-shaped flowers, which typically open in the early morning and wither by midday.
- Genus Ipomoea, family Convolvulaceae: several species, in particular the common morning glory I. purpurea
- Small flowered clematis, morning glory, the less vigorous climbing roses, nasturtiums and many others grow well in containers.
- When the weather warms up, sow seeds of cosmos, marigold, morning glory, portulaca, nasturtium, sunflower, and zinnia for splashes of color.
- Climbers don't really climb, as clematis or morning glory do, with tendrils that attach themselves to a fence or trellis.
Definition of morning glory in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.