- The bit in a binary number that is of the greatest numerical value.More example sentences
- Specify the number of most significant bits to output in the number of bits parameter.
- Reverse bit direction, most significant bit to least significant bit, is used to communicate data to display devices and in many data compression encoding methods.
- Class B addresses use the first two octets to represent the network number, with the restriction that the two most significant bits of the first octet be 10.
More definitions of most significant bitDefinition of most significant bit in:
- The British & World English dictionary