noun (plural mots justes pronunc. same)
- The exact, appropriate word.More example sentences
- I think there are many instances where a ‘crude’ word or phrase is the mot juste.
- ‘Having been at sea for many weeks, the participants,’ he says, searching for the mot juste, ‘had a look of lust in their eyes.’
- But if they actually were implicated in the one morally appalling drama of having attempted to wipe out an entire people, ‘sorry’ isn't quite the mot juste.
More definitions of mot justeDefinition of mot juste in:
- The British & World English dictionary