- 1A large spacecraft or ship from which smaller craft are launched or maintained.More example sentences
- Diligence carries extensive engineering workshops and can provide emergency electrical and fresh water supplies, making her an ideal mother ship for smaller craft engaged on relief work.
- The service maintains a computer register of ships capable of acting as the mother ship to host the submersible rescue system.
- Dozens of smaller ships from the alien mother ship fly out, shooting laser shots at the Battle Ships.
- 1.1A place regarded as a base, source, or headquarters: the gallery quickly became Modernism’s mother ship in jazz-age New YorkMore example sentences
- On New Year's Eve in San Francisco's Market district, the mothership has no beginning or end.
- Instead, this became a chance to show our willingness to work together within the new mother ship.
- Those dealers, Landry adds, represent 65 percent of retail sales, a fact not lost on the U.S. mothership in Detroit.
More definitions of mother shipDefinition of mother ship in:
- The British & World English dictionary