1A mechanical system that includes an electric motor and drives a machine.
- We built a variable motor drive for a washing machine and it added $250 to the final cost.
- The book takes a very systematic approach to both installing and troubleshooting electric motor drives.
- Engineers traced the problem to the electronics that control the tape player's motor drive.
1.1A battery-driven motor in a camera used to wind the film rapidly between exposures.
- With the new batteries, the motor drive and camera are functioning just perfectly.
- I normally use 2 or 3 camera bodies with motor drives when shooting fireworks.
- As I scurried to retrieve my smalls, the whirr of a dozen camera motor drives signalled that the whole unhappy episode was being captured on film.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: mo·tor drive
Definition of motor drive in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.