- A device consisting of a mechanically coupled electric motor and generator that may be used to control the voltage, frequency, or phase of an electrical supply.More example sentences
- The alternator is replaced by motor generators.
- While the motor generators audibly wound down, the group was in telephone contact with former motor-generator engineer Bob Frias.
- When driving resumes, the SUV's 70-kilowatt traction motor generator can launch the vehicle on electric power.
More definitions of motor generatorDefinition of motor generator in:
- The British & World English dictionary