1 Physiology Relating to muscular movement: the infants' motoric and linguistic capabilities
More example sentences
- They changed the diagnosis to ADHD, once again recognizing the motoric aspects of the syndrome.
- Research indicates that young children's ability to recall meaningful sentences is increased through motoric imagery (e.g., moving their bodies in space).
- These conscious contents, in turn, when they are broadcast, can trigger motoric, memory, and associative activities.
2 (usually motorik) (Of music) marked by a repetitive beat suggestive of mechanized action or movement.
- Premiered in Berlin in 2005, the work is a flirtation with minimalism, or at least with the technique of motoric repetition in overlapping cycles or phases.
- The band starts off sounding motoric, motorised, programmed, but later on the feeling gets more ethereal, dreamy and wistful.
- The band fused the abrasive, amplified timbres and motoric rhythms of rock with the string and brass writing of the classical tradition.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of motoric in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.