Definition of motormouth in English:
A person who talks quickly and incessantly.
- But for every new-found friend ready to stand a drink at the bar, there is a wisecracking motormouth, resentful of a footballer's many blessings, fervently determined to downsize the over-inflated ego attributed to all players.
- In fact Gerry can resemble a motormouth at times and this week he'll find that comes in handy when he covers for a holidaying John Laws on AM radio station 2UE in Sydney.
- He'd been around once before, when the baby was only weeks old, and I hadn't taken any notice of him, other than to note that he was a bit of a motormouth.
- Example sentences
- After Mom's funeral, Largeman has the great fortune of meeting Natalie Portman's motormouthed, epileptic animal-lover Sam.
- It was good to see them all again, and they were remarkably tolerant of my motormouthed idiocy.
- The piece concerns two wives on the run: thrill-seeking Cass, who abandons her unadventurous husband, and bibulously motormouthed Lois, who is abandoned by hers.
Pronunciation: /-ˌmouT͟Hd, -ˌmouTHt/(or motor-mouthed) adjective
Definition of motormouth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia