A creeping arctic-alpine plant with white flowers and glossy leaves. See also dryas.
- Dryas octopetala, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- This is Arctic Canada at its best: a northern landscape blooming with purple mountain saxifrage, moss campion, and mountain avens.
- Not found at all in Britain, this little orchid's heartland is the Mediterranean, and so it's strange that its tender southern shoots appear here, within inches of tough tundra plants such as mountain avens.
- The white mountain avens needs a moist peaty or sandy soil, and must be protected from slugs and snails.
More definitions of mountain avensDefinition of mountain avens in:
- The British & World English dictionary