- 1 another term for bighorn.More example sentences
- Wild populations of bighorn mountain sheep are carefully managed in North America for hunters who want a chance to shoot a ram with a trophy set of horns.
- They include several mouflons as well as the American bighorn or mountain sheep.
- In addition to bison remains, bones of mountain sheep, deer, marmot, and cotton-tail rabbit illustrate the diversity of species exploited by groups within this tradition.
- 1.1Any sheep that lives on mountains.More example sentences
- He continues to teach and conduct research on elk and mountain sheep.
- Horns from the Ibex, an indigenous mountain sheep, decorate shrines, indicating the animism which was once a religious influence.
- The East is the nesting place of the eagle and hawk, but also the home of mountain sheep and African cheetahs.
More definitions of mountain sheepDefinition of mountain sheep in:
- The British & World English dictionary