Definition of mountain sheep in English:
1 another term for bighorn.
- Wild populations of bighorn mountain sheep are carefully managed in North America for hunters who want a chance to shoot a ram with a trophy set of horns.
- They include several mouflons as well as the American bighorn or mountain sheep.
- In addition to bison remains, bones of mountain sheep, deer, marmot, and cotton-tail rabbit illustrate the diversity of species exploited by groups within this tradition.
1.1Any sheep that lives on mountains.
- He continues to teach and conduct research on elk and mountain sheep.
- Horns from the Ibex, an indigenous mountain sheep, decorate shrines, indicating the animism which was once a religious influence.
- The East is the nesting place of the eagle and hawk, but also the home of mountain sheep and African cheetahs.
Definition of mountain sheep in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan