- A ring worn to remind the wearer of someone who has died.More example sentences
- He remembers his colleagues, Burbage, Heminges, and Condell too, but only to the extent that he leaves them each 26s. 8d. to buy mourning rings.
- He left at least a dozen bequests of twenty guineas each to family and friends for the purchase of mourning clothes and mourning rings.
- Just before his execution, the same monarch caused a limited number of mourning rings to be prepared.
More definitions of mourning ringDefinition of mourning ring in:
- The British & World English dictionary