Definition of mouse-tailed bat in English:
An insectivorous bat with a long mouselike tail, native to Africa and Asia and often found in man-made structures.
- Family Rhinopomatidae and genus Rhinopoma: three species
- Colonies of thousands of mouse-tailed bats occupy roosts in large ruined buildings, often palaces and temples.
- One species, MacInnes's mouse-tailed bat, is categorized as vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction in the wild due to the destruction of the bat's natural habitat.
- India's remaining bats have their origins in western Asia and are primarily arid-climate species such as the tomb bats and mouse-tailed bats.
Definition of mouse-tailed bat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.