Definition of mouseover in English:
1A computer function in which an image or hyperlink can be generated by moving a cursor over a specific point on a web page.
- You can set a caption, which appears on mouseover, for each image.
- At mouseover, the navigation drops down but you still get a hint of the building underneath.
1.1 [usually as modifier] An image or hyperlink that appears when a cursor is moved over a specific point on a web page: the mouseover ads are annoying
More example sentences
- Personally I don't like mouseover web previews.
- Stacked items for sale at the auction house now display the per unit price and per unit buyout price in the item mouseover.
Definition of mouseover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.