Definition of mouseover in English:
1A computer function in which an image or hyperlink can be generated by moving a cursor over a specific point on a web page.
- The mouseover could be achieved by setting up your Flash movie with a movie on the main stage under a button.
- Instead of clicking on a link to see the content, you can get a preview of the page using a gesture - typically a mouseover.
- At mouseover, the navigation drops down but you still get a hint of the building underneath.
1.1 [usually as modifier] An image or hyperlink that appears when a cursor is moved over a specific point on a web page: the mouseover ads are annoying
More example sentences
- Another navigational aid involves the use of mouseovers to highlight the connections between nodes.
- People quickly found out that Explorer 3 didn't give access to the images on a page, so that the mouseovers wouldn't work.
- We have additionally written code that prints the textual notes that appear as mouseovers on the screen as numbered endnotes when printed.
Definition of mouseover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan