Definition of mouseover in English:
1A computer function in which an image or hyperlink can be generated by moving a cursor over a specific point on a web page.
- The mouseover could be achieved by setting up your Flash movie with a movie on the main stage under a button.
- Instead of clicking on a link to see the content, you can get a preview of the page using a gesture - typically a mouseover.
- At mouseover, the navigation drops down but you still get a hint of the building underneath.
1.1 [usually as modifier] An image or hyperlink that appears when a cursor is moved over a specific point on a web page: the mouseover ads are annoying
More example sentences
- Another navigational aid involves the use of mouseovers to highlight the connections between nodes.
- People quickly found out that Explorer 3 didn't give access to the images on a page, so that the mouseovers wouldn't work.
- We have additionally written code that prints the textual notes that appear as mouseovers on the screen as numbered endnotes when printed.
Definition of mouseover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.