- A liquid used for rinsing the mouth or gargling with, typically containing an antiseptic.More example sentences
- Before leaving home, as a last-minute precaution, I also indulged in some serious mouthwash gargling, followed by a frantic gum-chewing session.
- And I braced myself for the bad news - would I spend the next six months gargling prescription mouthwash?
- Rinse with antiseptic mouthwash, like Listerine, and floss daily.
More definitions of mouthwashDefinition of mouthwash in:
- The British & World English dictionary