- A succession of averages derived from successive segments (typically of constant size and overlapping) of a series of values.More example sentences
- The moving average shows the average value of a stock over time.
- In the calculation of their value, both moving averages use the closing prices of whatever period is measured.
- At other times, the moving average was not significant for deaths within 30 days, as defined here, including at the end of the series, when the moving average was 50%.
More definitions of moving averageDefinition of moving average in:
- The British & World English dictionary