Relating to the Christian inhabitants of Spain under the Muslim Moorish kings.
- Through this point of contact, Mozarabic art transmitted Moorish features to the European Romanesque.
- The Visigothic Church developed a liturgical music, Mozarabic chant, used until its abolition in the 11th century.
- In the Mozarabic liturgy the feast of Saint John fell on December 29.
- Example sentences
- Because Agobard was himself a Mozarab, it is likely that he was particularly sensitive to the existence of Christian enslavement in al-Andalus.
- Among its slate and quartzite houses stands the church of Santiago, a Mozarab temple from the 10th century.
- Their religious tolerance allowed Christians to co-exist with the Moors which led to the Mozarab culture.
Words that rhyme with MozarabicArabic
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Mozarabic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.