- A mild, semisoft white Italian cheese, often used in Italian cooking as a melted topping, especially on pizzas.More example sentences
- Long gone are the days of cheddar cheese versus mozzarella, of white milk versus chocolate.
- Down the road from the farm is the local co-operative dairy, where they make the famed mozzarella cheese from the buffalo milk.
- To turn this salad into a complete meal, add mozzarella cheese or blue cheese.
Italian, diminutive of mozza, denoting a kind of cheese, from mozzare 'cut off'.
More definitions of mozzarellaDefinition of mozzarella in:
- The British & World English dictionary