- former term for glycosaminoglycan.More example sentences
- The members of this family hydrolyze sulfate ester bonds of a variety of compounds, including mucopolysaccharides, cerebrosides, and steroids.
- Retinol also functions in the synthesis of certain glycoproteins and mucopolysaccharides necessary for mucous production and normal growth regulation.
- We have done a study of mucoid degeneration of the meniscus; in brief, this malady is an excessive accumulation of mucopolysaccharides in the meniscal tissue.
More definitions of mucopolysaccharideDefinition of mucopolysaccharide in:
- The British & World English dictionary