Definition of mucosa in English:
noun (plural mucosae-zē-ˌzī)
A mucous membrane: the intestinal mucosa
More example sentences
- This leads to a more prolonged exposure of the esophageal mucosa to gastric fluid than normal.
- Celiac disease is a T-cell-mediated disorder triggered by gluten in susceptible subjects, affecting not only the small bowel but also the gastric and colonic mucosae.
- Target organs in this respect include nasal or oral cavity, lung, oesophagus, stomach mucosa, duodenum or skin.
- Example sentences
- The large mucosal surface of the bronchial tree is exposed constantly to inhaled antigens.
- In circumcised males only the distal penile urethra is lined with a mucosal epithelium.
- The surgical specimen consisted of the nasal septum and irregular, mucosal, polypoid tissues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.