Relating to, producing, covered with, or of the nature of mucus.
More example sentences
- Blood loss through the rectum, mucous discharge, altered bowel habit, and straining are common features of recurrent rectal cancer.
- The vocal cords are actually two sets of folds formed on each side of the mucous lining of the larynx blending with fibrous tissue.
- Rubbing your eye can lead to encrusted eyelids, mucous discharge and further irritation.
mid 17th century: from Latin mucosus (see mucus).
- More example sentences
- The magnetic particles carried on the periphery of the developing sleeve which is in the rotational state are affected by various forces due to mucosity of air, centrifugal force and the like.
- Activity and quantity of sperm and semen improved, as did spermatogenic environment (indicated by significant decreases of mucosity and liquefaction time.)
- ‘We believe that the gender differences in cocaine's effects that we observed are due to a combination of metabolic differences and the greater physical barrier to cocaine absorption created by the increase in mucosity,’ says Dr. Lukas.