noun (plural mucros)Botany & Zoology
- A short sharp point at the end of a part or organ.More example sentences
- Posterior is indicated by the mucro on the tail plate, by the sweep of the hollow lateral spines toward the tail plate and by the sweep of the plates when seen in both dorsal and lateral views.
- In addition, the posterior plate of this chiton shows a distinct mucro.
- Furthermore, juveniles with a long antennule and a mucro were classified as being of the species Bosmina coregoni.
mid 17th century: from Latin, 'sharp point'.
More definitions of mucroDefinition of mucro in:
- The British & World English dictionary