- A solitary wasp that builds a mud nest typically consisting of a series of tubelike cells on an exposed surface.
More example sentences
- Several genera in the family Sphecidae
- Her fly patterns are intricate, exacting, and hold the subtle variances of nature usually reserved for spider webs, mud dauber nests, and snowflakes.
- Note: this is not mud dauber nesting material, but hornet nest.
- The inorganic material can consist of clay nests of mud from insects (mud daubers) or birds (swallows).
More definitions of mud dauberDefinition of mud dauber in:
- The British & World English dictionary