Definition of mud dauber in English:
A solitary wasp that builds a mud nest typically consisting of a series of tubelike cells on an exposed surface.
- Several genera in the family Sphecidae
- Her fly patterns are intricate, exacting, and hold the subtle variances of nature usually reserved for spider webs, mud dauber nests, and snowflakes.
- Note: this is not mud dauber nesting material, but hornet nest.
- The inorganic material can consist of clay nests of mud from insects (mud daubers) or birds (swallows).
Definition of mud dauber in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan