Definition of mudminnow in English:
A small stout-bodied freshwater fish of both Eurasia and North America, able to survive low concentrations of oxygen and very low temperatures.
- Genus Umbra, family Umbridae: several species
- Briefly, this is the domain of two freshwater clans, the pike and the mudminnows.
- Whereas most books of this nature cover only fossil mammals, this bestiary starts with mudminnows and ends with mammoths - amphibians, reptiles, and birds are in between.
- They prey on such fish as the cisco (lake herring), lake whitefish, central mudminnow, and golden shiner.
Definition of mudminnow in:
- British & World English dictionary