Definition of mug shot in English:
1A photograph of a person’s face made for an official purpose, especially police records.
- The facial recognition system needs pictures from at least five different angles, and given that the Metropolitan Police doesn't handle mugshots that way, you can see the problem.
- Since then, police have distributed mugshots to mosques and boarding houses across West Java and set up road blocks.
- James Brown has been arrested for domestic violence - check out the police mugshot.
1.1 humorous Any photograph of a person’s face.
- You can't tell how much money someone makes by their mugshot.
- FIFA are celebrating a century of international football by hosting a special photographic exhibition of soccer star mugshots in what used to be the Museum of Mankind.
- But the long and the short of it was, Nadine, Chazen and I all had 2 Polaroids taken and then, to ice that cake of vanity, we got editorial choice over which one became our official Big Board mugshot.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan