1A photograph of a person’s face made for an official purpose, especially police records.
- The facial recognition system needs pictures from at least five different angles, and given that the Metropolitan Police doesn't handle mugshots that way, you can see the problem.
- Since then, police have distributed mugshots to mosques and boarding houses across West Java and set up road blocks.
- James Brown has been arrested for domestic violence - check out the police mugshot.
1.1 humorous Any photograph of a person’s face.
- You can't tell how much money someone makes by their mugshot.
- FIFA are celebrating a century of international football by hosting a special photographic exhibition of soccer star mugshots in what used to be the Museum of Mankind.
- But the long and the short of it was, Nadine, Chazen and I all had 2 Polaroids taken and then, to ice that cake of vanity, we got editorial choice over which one became our official Big Board mugshot.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: mug shot
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.