Definition of mugwort in English:
A plant of the daisy family, with aromatic divided leaves that are dark green above and whitish below, native to north temperate regions.
- Genus Artemisia, family Compositae: several species, in particular the common A. vulgaris, which has long been connected with magic and superstition
- Although it can be made from a variety of herbs, moxa (short for moxibustion) is generally made from the mugwort plant.
- His front yard has lots of lavender and rosemary growing in it, but the mugwort and rue are threatening to take over.
- Confusing mugwort with wormwood is at the level of confusing potato with black nightshade because they share the genus Solanum.
Definition of mugwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan