Definition of mugwort in English:
A plant of the daisy family, with aromatic divided leaves that are dark green above and whitish below, native to north temperate regions.
- Genus Artemisia, family Compositae: several species, in particular the common A. vulgaris, which has long been connected with magic and superstition
- Although it can be made from a variety of herbs, moxa (short for moxibustion) is generally made from the mugwort plant.
- His front yard has lots of lavender and rosemary growing in it, but the mugwort and rue are threatening to take over.
- Confusing mugwort with wormwood is at the level of confusing potato with black nightshade because they share the genus Solanum.
Definition of mugwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.