noun[usually treated as singular]
- A sunflowerlike composite plant of the western US, with large oval leaves.
More example sentences
- Genus Wyethia, family Compositae: several species, including the yellow-flowered gray mule ears (W. helenioides), with gray-haired leaves and very large bracts, and the white-flowered white mule ears (W. helianthoides)
- Other species include purple fritillary, Sierra iris, crimson columbine, slim larkspur, two kinds of lupines, mosquito-bills, and woolly mule ears.
- To left in front of the center group of mule ears are some blue flowers of silver lupine, lupinus argenteus.
- Regardless of how you learn, the mule ears are a great group because they grow easily and put out an abundance of flowers.