- Similarly large lateral forces relative to thrust force have been observed in trout (Drucker and Lauder, in preparation), mullet, and danio.
- I would also row the dinghy out to set the net off the point to catch mullet or other fish cruising the coastline or I would just row out in the dinghy to fish with a hand line.
- On the coast you saltwater fly fishers can expect to catch bass, mullet, garfish, flounders and mackerel.
- They all had a variety of hair styles; mullets, colored Mohawks, long shaggy hair, sleek spikes.
- Fordham earned the Viking tag largely thanks to his large frame, fuzzy beard and a remarkably coiffured lengthy brown mullet hairstyle.
- The mullet, that dodgy haircut with short top and long back (aka business in the front, party at the back), is making a comeback.
late Middle English: from Old French mulet, diminutive of Latin mullus 'red mullet', from Greek mullos. The origin of sense two is unknown but may be related to the fish.
- He stated the mullet/star is the basic symbol of the Scottish clan DOUGLAS.
- The mullet, or star, is indicative of the upward surging spirit.
- The mullet (star) represents the Lone Star of Texas and is surmounted by a sunburst symbolizing the Philippine Unit Commendation in World War II.
late Middle English: from Old French molette 'rowel', diminutive of meule 'millstone', from Latin mola 'grindstone'.