(also multiflora rose)
Definition of multiflora in English:
An eastern Asian shrubby or climbing rose that bears clusters of small single pink or white flowers.
- Rosa multiflora, family Rosaceae
- Multiflora rose (Rosa multiflora Thunb.) was the fifth-most problematic species.
- Rosa multiflora is the only species of the nine that is currently listed on West Virginia's noxious weed list.
- The lush, wild growth of holly, privet, hawthorn and multiflora rose hedge simulate a natural environment while providing excellent building sites, offering shelter and secluded perching and providing escape routes when necessary.
early 19th century: from late Latin, feminine of multiflorus 'multiflorous'.
Definition of multiflora in:
- British & World English dictionary