noun (plural multiparae /-ˌrē, -ˌrī/)Medicine & Zoology
- A woman (or female animal) who has had more than one pregnancy resulting in viable offspring.More example sentences
- We are almost two generations removed from the days of the grand multipara - a woman who has given birth more than five times.
- Maternal ages of the nulliparae ranged 17-36 years, and for the multiparae ranged 19-46 years.
- The risk for preeclampsia in the elderly multipara is significantly higher than expected on the basis of age and parity.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, feminine of multiparus 'multiparous'.
More definitions of multiparaDefinition of multipara in:
- The British & World English dictionary