Definition of multiparous in English:
1(Of a woman) having borne more than one child.
- Primiparous and multiparous women were analysed separately, as were elective and emergency caesarean sections.
- The caesarean rate for intended home births was 8.3% among primiparous women and 1.6% among multiparous women.
- High-dose regimens may be used for multiparous women, but no data support the use of high-dose oxytocin regimens for augmentation in a patient with a previously scarred uterus.
1.1chiefly Zoology Producing more than one young at a birth.
- The behavior of six multiparous sows per pen, bedded on straw, was recorded.
Definition of multiparous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.