- 1Having several or many parts or divisions.More example sentences
- As far as we are aware, this unusual structural organization is unique among higher metazoans, although interesting comparisons can be made with the multipartite mitochondrial genome organizations of plants and fungi.
- The mitochondrial genome of this animal is multipartite and exists as a population of small circular DNAs of different sizes and gene contents, a unique organization among studied metazoans.
- More recently, evidence has accumulated to suggest that an intriguing consequence of a multipartite genome configuration is the somatic modulation of mitochondrial genotype.
- 1.2 another term for multiparty.
More definitions of multipartiteDefinition of multipartite in:
- The British & World English dictionary