- A fruit formed from carpels derived from several flowers, such as a pineapple.More example sentences
- Other multiple fruits include the pineapple and a large-leaved relative of the houseplant called philodendron.
- The resulting multiple fruit is derived from 1,500 to 2,000 flowers and develops mainly from the persistent perianth.
- In addition, aggregate fruits are derived from several ovules in the same fruit, while multiple fruits are derived from the ovaries of more than one flower, i.e., from an inflorescence.
More definitions of multiple fruitDefinition of multiple fruit in:
- The British & World English dictionary