Definition of multiplication in English:
1The process or skill of multiplying: we need to use both multiplication and division to find the answers the rapid multiplication of abnormal white blood cells
More example sentences
- Magiste compared performance of strong German-Swedish bilinguals and German-dominant monolinguals on arithmetic tasks that required a series of simple additions, subtractions, multiplications or divisions.
- Distraction was based on arithmetic equations (additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions) displayed for 10 seconds in a corner of the screen.
- These teachers thought it inappropriate to ask kindergartners and first and second graders to experience multiplications, divisions, fractions and decimals at such an early age.
1.1 Mathematics The process of combining matrices, vectors, or other quantities under specific rules to obtain their product.
- The dots used above do not mean a matrix or vector multiplication in the strict sense.
- For matrix multiplication, vectors without superscript are treated as columns and vectors with the T superscript as rows.
- Cayley gave a matrix algebra defining addition, multiplication, scalar multiplication and inverses.
Definition of multiplication in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan