Definition of multituberculate in English:
A small primitive extinct mammal of a mainly Cretaceous and Paleocene order, distinguished by having molar teeth with several cusps arranged in two or three rows.
- Order Multituberculata, subclass Allotheria
- Triconodonts, monotremes and multituberculates have the primitive condylar arrangement for the radius.
- Well-represented dentitions and skulls are also known for some of the earliest and most primitive multituberculates, from the Late Jurassic of Portugal.
- Paleocene faunas were dominated by what we refer to as archaic mammals: condylarths (archaic ungulates), archaic primates, small rodent-like multituberculates, pantodonts, and others.
Definition of multituberculate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan