(also mung bean)
- 1A small round green bean.More example sentences
- The mung bean, similar in size to urd but with a green coat, gives a light, delicate dal of a cream or yellow colour with green flecks.
- Chinese cabbage, cucumber, dill, lambsquarter, lettuce, mung bean, oats, purslane, radish, spinach and watercress may contain more potassium on a dry weight basis than tomato and Noni (if their unpublished analysis was correct).
- For a welcome grounding among such high-pitched flavors, there's a soft hunk of roasted eggplant, a ribbon of blanched snow pea or julienned carrot, or the watery relief of a mung bean sprout.
- 2The tropical Old World plant that yields the mung bean, commonly grown as a source of bean sprouts.
More example sentences
- Vigna radiata (or Phaseolus aureus), family Leguminosae
- Peas and lentils were sown along with cereals on the first farms of the Middle East; the New World grew beans and maize, soy and mung were planted alongside Asian rice, and peanuts aided sub-Saharan root crops.
- In Haryana and Gujarat, if the rains come in the next two weeks, we would stress on the sowing of millet, moong beans and then cluster beans.
- Sucrose synthase genes have been isolated primarily from starch-storing plants, such as maize, rice, barley, potato, mung bean, and pea.
early 19th century: from Hindi mūng.
More definitions of mungDefinition of mung in:
- The British & World English dictionary