Archaic term for hydrochloric acid.
More example sentences
- If the floor is not flushed thoroughly with water after clean up, the muriatic acid will continue to leach lime from the grout causing the whitish dust.
- In the two wet cleaning systems, no muriatic acid or compounds containing muriatic acid may be used.
- If the mortar smears still remain, wait a week (until the masonry cures) and clean with a solution of one part muriatic acid to nine parts water, mixed in a plastic bucket.
late 17th century: muriatic from Latin muriaticus, from muria 'brine'.
- More example sentences
- Fertilizers containing high amounts of nitrate of soda, muriate of potash, potassium nitrate and ammonium nitrate can cause the highest accumulated salts.
- Avoid using fertilizer containing chlorine, such as muriate of potash.
- Nat. mur. is short for natrium muriate, the sodium salt of muriatic acid, commonly known as ordinary salt.
Definition of muriatic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary