Definition of muscadine in English:
Any of a group of species and varieties of wine grape native to Mexico and the southeastern US, typically having thick skins and a musky flavor.
- Genus Vitis (section Muscadinia): several species, in particular V. rotundifolia
- Sweet muscadine grapes, blackberries, apples, jujubes and a host of other fruits will be available at these upcoming sales.
- They have supplied grapes to numerous other wineries within the state and been major suppliers of muscadines to area grocery stores for the fresh grape market.
- The undergrowth is often dense with dwarf palmettos and with such vines as earleaf, saw greenbriers (both very prickly), muscadine, and summer grape, all tough on hikers.
probably an alteration of muscatel.
Definition of muscadine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia