(also muscadel /-ˈdel/)
Definition of muscatel in English:
1A muscat grape, especially as grown for drying to make raisins.
- It is a blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, muscatel and Gewürztraminer.
- These oils are used in making perfume and in imparting a muscatel flavor to wines, vermouths, and liqueurs.
- Over the centuries, viniculture in what is now Peru and Chile developed brandy from muscatel grapes, now called pisco.
1.2A wine made from the muscatel grape.
- This is a remote arid area of thorn bushes, ostriches, and minimal rainfall, but the town, Montagu, is famous for the production of muscatel, a sweet dessert wine.
- How sweet the coffee tastes, more delicious than a thousand kisses, mellower than muscatel wine.
Definition of muscatel in:
- British & World English dictionary