(also muscovado sugar)
- Unrefined sugar made from the juice of sugar cane by evaporating it and draining off the molasses.More example sentences
- While I used cane sugar in these, the main sugar content in my cakes this year were light muscovado and dark molasses sugars which I happened to have at hand.
- To make the pudding, put the 200g butter into a food processor along with the caster sugar, remaining 100g muscovado sugar, eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
- For the record, our sugars are regular white granulated, fructose, light brown, superfine, palm, powdered, turbinado, muscovado, and demerara.
early 17th century: from Portuguese mascabado (açúcar) '(sugar) of the lowest quality'.
More definitions of muscovadoDefinition of muscovado in:
- The British & World English dictionary