- The system or arrangement of muscles in a body, a part of the body, or an organ.More example sentences
- Cranial nerve musculature is less involved, and ophthalmoplegia is rare.
- The posterior musculature consists of six muscles in two groups, superficial and deep.
- We now know that the actions of the specialized musculature of the lower esophageal sphincter provide the chief barrier to reflux.
late 19th century: from French, from Latin musculus (see muscle).
More definitions of musculatureDefinition of musculature in:
- The British & World English dictionary