- A light play or movie with songs, dialogue, and dancing, connected by a plot.More example sentences
- She has played the lead in theatrical work spanning Shakespeare, Greek tragedy, musical comedies, farce and Absurd theatre to contemporary drama.
- Although hailed as one of the greatest stars of the Thirties films, and a musical comedy star of the first rank, when one comes to look at her career at the top it was very short.
- Day was better known as a singer, and had starred in a number of musical comedies and light fare throughout the '40s and early '50s.
More definitions of musical comedyDefinition of musical comedy in:
- The British & World English dictionary