verb[with object] (usually as adjective mutagenized) Biology
- Treat (a cell, organism, etc.) with mutagenic agents: mutagenized DNAMore example sentences
- Historically, three programmes for the identification of photorespiratory mutants in chemically mutagenized seed sets were performed.
- The accuracy of each mutagenized plasmid was checked by sequencing.
- We mutagenized a wild-type strain and sought animals that were defective in cultivation-temperature avoidance.
More definitions of mutagenizeDefinition of mutagenize in:
- The British & World English dictionary