Definition of mutant in English:
Resulting from or showing the effect of mutation: a mutant gene
More example sentences
- In other words, are rescue genes mutant alleles of the genes that normally kill hybrids?
- The gene function is known in four cases, based on mutant phenotypes.
- I've been 19 for over a day now and I haven't shown any signs of growing a third arm or any other mutant abnormality.
nounBack to top
A mutant form.
- Let me explain that there are bad mutants and good mutants, just like real people.
- Second, the enzymatic activity for the active site mutants was determined in vitro.
- Similar arguments and requirements apply to mutants created by transposon mutagenesis.
early 20th century: from Latin mutant- 'changing', from the verb mutare.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan