- A stone block projecting under a cornice in the Doric order.More example sentences
- The triglyphs are omitted in favor of a blank frieze, but the mutules with guttae of Benjamin's design are present.
- The cornice has projecting blocks or mutules in its exposed lower surface or soffit, above which is a plain vertical face or corona, finished by a group of crowning moldings.
- The piers and pilasters carry a deep entablature which was enriched with triglyphs and mutules.
mid 17th century: from French, from Latin mutulus.
More definitions of mutuleDefinition of mutule in:
- The British & World English dictionary