A large spider of a group that includes the tarantulas and funnel-web spiders. Mygalomorphs have several primitive features, including fangs that stab downward rather than toward one another.
- Suborder Mygalomorphae, order Araneae
More example sentences
- Previously, the earliest known mygalomorphs, described in 1990, were about 100 million years old.
- To imitate a mygalomorph, put your index and middle fingers in front of your mouth and move them up and down.
- Female tarantulas like other mygalomorphs are able to moult after reaching maturity.
Definition of mygalomorph in:
- The British & World English dictionary