Definition of mylodon in English:
An extinct giant ground sloth found in deposits formed during the ice age of the Pleistocene epoch in South America. It died out only 11,000 years ago.
- Genus Glossotherium (formerly Mylodon), family Mylodontidae
- Instead, we are treated to four vigorous profiles, with only the lion and the mylodon drawn full frontal.
- It was in fact, evidently a piece of the skin of a mylodon, which had survived in this region until modern times.
- The cave now contains an unbelievably horrible life-size plastic model of a mylodon.
Definition of mylodon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan